Chicago Area - Life Science Resources
Who is available to partner with my company in Chicagoland?
- Over 1600 foreign firms
- 400 Japanese companies
- 100 international trade organizations
- 30 international chambers of commerce
- 71 consulates
Six Schools of Medicine
Over 30 Teaching Hospitals
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Fermi National Laboratory
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications
The Midwest has long been the nation's second largest pharma hub with several Big Pharma companies in the Chicago area (Abbott, Baxter, Hospira, Takeda & Astellas): Eli Lily in Indianapolis. The Midwest is also the largest medical device cluster in the U.S. Companies a short distance from Chicago feature different aspects of this industry from orthopedic to surgical to cardiovascular to diagnostic and imaging devices.
How does Illinois Science + Technology Park work with governmental and non-profit entities?
- Member of iBio - The Illinois Biotechnology Industry Association
- Access to different government incentives (job training, tax credits, capital equipment funding)
- Global outreach - trade missions, shows etc
- Securing public funding to promote economic development
- Infrastructure improvements
- Direct assistance to tenants